My Ten Things
Okay, so I’m a little slow. I’ve read with great enjoyment other “10 interesting things” listed by some of my blogging friends. I’ve been mulling over whether I can come up with 10 of my own. Here it goes:
1. I have ridden on the shoulders of a unicyclist, while he was on his unicycle.
2. I shared personal photographs (including photos of the above event) with soap star Michael Damien. He also kissed me good-bye – on the cheek. (Just so you know, I had never watched soaps and didn’t even know who he was before he arrived for an event sponsored by a mall where I worked.)
3. I slept in a Third World Country that was less than 10 years out of a 30+ year civil war, and is still known for random violence – with my apartment door unlocked. (Only once. I figured out how the lock worked by the second night!)
4. I managed to double the size of my family through adoption in less than 8 months. I’m still reeling from all the changes.
5. I was almost arrested in high school for T.P.ing a house.
6. I was once sexually harrassed by an exotic bird in Miami.
7. On that same Miami trip, I was approached by a handsome Latino man in a sailor’s uniform who whispered sweet nothings in my ear. Okay, so I’m not fluent in Spanish and I didn’t understand a word he said to me. It sounded sweet anyway!
8. For 9 months I taught inside a juvenile prison. I don’t know who was scarier – the teenage girls who had been convicted of murder or the thought-processes of the so-called administration there.
9. I once saw a drunk driver approaching from a distance and was able to pull off the road to get out of his way. Funny thing is, there is no way I could have really seen him coming because I was approaching a blind curve at the time. Thank you, Lord!
10. I helped fight a wildfire with a burlap sack. It wasn’t very effective, but at least I was doing something until the firetrucks arrived.